What is our needs?
Its weird to hear someone saying ” I don’t use the internet” . We seem to be living in a world where someone with “no Email” has no ” identity”. Many people say ” We can’t live without internet”. I remember in one of my classes our teacher asked one of the students “What will happen if there was no internet?” the student answered ” there will be no me”. It is not about the internet only. people say a lot of “I can’t live without…” statements. examples like “I can’t live without music”, ” I can’t live without my Mercedes” , and even some people say “I can’t live without Pepsi”.
Our needs switched to the future: Postneedism?
Have you ever heard someone genuinely said to you ” I can’t live without water” lately this month?. We seem to have born in a life where everything is easy to get now, and easy to make. We don’t need even to go to the library to read books. We can just Google them up.
Not everything consumer think he needs he actually needs.
us consumers always seem to be in need for things that we might not actually need. Southpark had a nice example about needs it is an episode where Stan and his friends wanted to make a music band, they stopped their process because they thought they “need” to stop illegal download to be a good band. on the other hand, Eric just went to festivals and managed to be rich.
Not everything marketers think consumer needs they actually needs.
Lets bring another example from Southpark. This time the kids decided to be on TV and “market” themselves for rating. They begun their TV show by broadcasting news which failed, they continued failing against Craig who makes videos of puppies. In the end, they manage to win the rating by making something more creative that their viewers “need”
- When a customer thinks he ”needs” something. why don’t he try living without it for one week and see the difference in his life?
- When a marketer thinks he have something that a customer “need”. Why don’t start making a research and experiments to make sure if the customer “needs” it or not.
- Is Internet Addiction Real? [infographic] (dailyinfographic.com)
- Using the Internet to Research (slgumes.wordpress.com)
- Typography of Pepsi (wordsonimages.wordpress.com)